In this Podcast:
There are only a few weeks left in this glorious summer season. Many of you are busy getting your fall schedule organized (!) and setting your studios up for another year of teaching. This podcast includes 6 fantastic teacher tips that can save you time, money and your sanity. Follow these steps and you and your returning students will have one incredible year of singing!
6 Top Teacher Tips for Returning Students:
- Reconnect. Let families know you’re getting ready for them and that you have an incredible year planned.
- Reassess their commitment level. Figure out where they are at and exactly what they want from you so you can plan accordingly.
- Review and Reissue. Go over your studio policies and make sure returning families have a copy of your most updated information.
- Reassess. Your students are growing and changing. In more ways that one! Check out those voices before you get started on Rep.
- Review the Basics. Bad habits creep in over the holidays? (of course!) Go back to the basics.
- Reset Goals. Students are changing and so are their plans. Make sure you know exactly how you can help them this year.
Visit Sara Campbell’s blog for tips on Fall Scheduling.
“Creating a fall schedule can feel like youâ€™re playing a never-ending game of Twister. Move one student into a spot that works and suddenly you discover 3 other students who also need that spot, and of course thereâ€™s now a left-over spot that apparently nobody can use.”